Introduction: Tarmac resurfacing is a transformative process that can give your driveway a fresh and sleek appearance. Following the proper steps and avoiding common pitfalls is important to ensure the best results and a long-lasting, smooth surface. In this informative blog post, brought to you by Loddon Driveways & Surfacing, we’ll guide you through the essential dos and don’ts of tarmac resurfacing, helping you achieve a flawless and impressive driveway.
Dos of Tarmac Resurfacing:
1. Do Hire Professional Contractors:
- Engage experienced contractors like Loddon Driveways & Surfacing for your tarmac resurfacing project. Professional expertise ensures proper preparation, application, and finishing.
2. Do Choose Quality Materials:
- Opt for high-quality tarmac materials that offer durability and longevity. The suitable materials directly influence the overall success of your resurfacing project.
3. Do Assess Surface Conditions:
- Evaluate the condition of your existing driveway. Address any underlying issues, such as cracks or potholes, before resurfacing to ensure a smooth base.
4. Do Proper Preparation:
- Thoroughly clean the existing surface and remove debris before applying the new tarmac layer. Proper preparation is essential for good adhesion and a smooth finish.
5. Do Apply a Binding Layer:
- Apply a binding layer, often composed of a tack coat, to promote adhesion between the existing surface and the new tarmac layer. This helps prevent separation and cracking.
6. Do Ensure Proper Thickness:
- Work with your contractors to determine the appropriate thickness of the tarmac layer. A sufficient thickness ensures durability and longevity.
7. Do Allow Adequate Curing Time:
- After resurfacing, allow the tarmac to cure for the recommended time before using it. Premature use can compromise the finish and durability.
Don’ts of Tarmac Resurfacing:
1. Don’t Overlook Proper Drainage:
- Poor drainage can lead to water pooling and damage. Ensure proper slope and drainage systems are in place to prevent water-related issues.
2. Don’t Rush the Preparation:
- Proper preparation is crucial. Skipping or rushing this step can lead to adhesion issues, uneven surfaces, and premature deterioration.
3. Don’t Neglect Crack Sealing:
- Address existing cracks before resurfacing. Failing to seal cracks can lead to their re-emergence on the new surface.
4. Don’t Apply Too Thin a Layer:
- Applying a too-thin tarmac layer can result in a fragile surface that wears out quickly. Consult professionals to determine the appropriate thickness.
5. Don’t Ignore Maintenance:
- While tarmac is durable, regular maintenance is key to its longevity. Regularly inspect and repair minor issues to prevent them from becoming significant problems.
Conclusion: Tarmac resurfacing has the potential to transform your driveway into a smooth and impressive surface that enhances your property’s curb appeal. By following the dos and avoiding the don’ts of tarmac resurfacing, you can ensure a successful project that results in a durable, aesthetically pleasing, and long-lasting driveway. At Loddon Driveways & Surfacing, we’re committed to providing expert tarmac resurfacing solutions that meet your needs and exceed your expectations. With our guidance and expertise, you’ll soon enjoy the benefits of a flawlessly resurfaced driveway that adds value and appeal to your property.